Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

My first V-Day in five years as a single person. And, it feels great! Actually, it feels like any other day like it always does, like it always does on my birthday too. I don't feel like I have powered-up and become something else or something better. I don't have goals or expectations for Valentine's, just like I don't for Christmas and New Year's. Because, expectations not met lead to baaaaaad things. And, I'm happy from within.

But I looked forward to this day. A day where I don't have to hear, "I am so glad to have you in my life. You are the best thing that happened. You are special and funny. You make me happy" from a man who, well, could have said it to any other girl and still wanted to be with some other man. And said the same things to a man and banged him. Oh, the thought!  (face only applies to this particular man)

I don't have to expect the unexpected.

So, I hope y'all had a great day and Happy Valentine's Day! Here's a picture dedicated to all of us who got nothing (I didn't buy it, just took a picture)!

No comments:

Post a Comment