Wednesday 23 November 2011

Quotes

So, I have just finished reading One Day by David Nichols. It was a good book but I think I'd save my review for another day.

I have read a couple of books in the last two or three months. I hope to read more and my intentions are well. But, it is easy to get engrossed in a book and that can be time consuming. So, I try to read it only when I exercise but most times, the reading continues beyond 30 minutes. Maybe I'm just really (supposedly) busy this month and hobby-reading is an extra thing I could/should do without, like TV.

But, I digress from my real reason for posting. I have to, or else I'd be too short. At the end of David Nichols' book, he thanks and apologises to his friends/colleagues/acquaintances collectively for using some of their smart remarks in his book. At first, one might have thought he came up with those smart remarks himself and I had been impressed. But the fact is, smart remarks don't come easy except to a select few like my friend KA. A bit like Mensa intelligence.

And so, Mr Nichols has collected some quotes he has liked throughout his years. I didn't know people did that because I do, too. Some, I have put on a secret place called Facebook but most are in my head, usually for daily usage, if I ever get the chance. But, putting it in a novel is clever. Clever. And, like an honouring gesture... (unless there's money involved).

But anyway, quotes.. Maybe one day I'd consume my time to write a novel instead of read novels.. and revolve the story around the amazing quotes, rather than make a story and use the quotes. How amazing is that idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment